Nelson's Column with Lyons' Strand Corner House on the left. George Davison Reid took this photo from the junction of the Strand and Craven Street, outside one of the three J. Lyons Corner Houses that opened in 1915. Each floor of the Corner House had its own restaurant and live orchestral music. The ground floor contained a large food hall selling a products from hand-made chocolates to wine. Opposite, at No 456, stood a branch of Jaeger, a fashion retailer that had expanded dramatically during the 1920s.
George Davison Reid
1920 AD - 1933 AD
Nelson's Column with Lyons' Strand Corner House: 20th century