Full image caption
The rear of Cumberland Place, Regents Park. It was designed by architect John Nash and built in 1812, Cumberland place was to appear as a small Palace on the edge of the park. It was however a terrace of four houses, a larger one at each end with 2 smaller town houses in between. It was one of a series of 50 villas in Nash’s scheme. Only 14 were built and only 7 survive today.
1949 AD - 1949 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London