Full image caption
Puppet show at the Mary Ward Settlement Boys Club, Tavistock Place. Originally called the Passmore Edwards Settlement, it was established by Mary Ward in 1892 as an organization providing educational as well as social and leisure opportunities to anyone paying a small annual membership fee. Clubs for music, sport, chess, debating as well as toddler groups, boys clubs and pensioners clubs made the centre very popular with the local community.
1955 AD - 1955 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London