Full image caption
The Motor Show, organised by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, was first held at Olympia. It moved to Earl's Court in 1937. Displaying the latest in technology and design from the motor industry, the show proved hugely popular each year. Most manufacturers were represented, and often introduced new models to the public at the show. In 1978 the exhibition moved to Birmingham's National Exhibition Centre where it could be better accommodated.
1956 AD - 1956 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London