Full image caption
A double Decker London bus traveling through Piccadilly Circus, passing the statue of Eros in September 1957. The electrically illuminated billboards on the buildings on the north east side of the circus have become just as famous as the status in the centre. Shopkeepers received large rents from letting the facades of the buildings and the London Country Council were powerless to stop them. The Bovril and Schweppe's signs which can be seen in the background of this photograph were first lit in 1910.
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London