Full image caption
The statue of Eros in Piccadilly with the advertising lights in the background. The first illuminated advertising boards were built here in 1910 and Coca Cola, whose sign can be seen here, have the longest continuous presence at Piccadilly with an advert here continually since 1955. The Guinness Clock advert which can also be seen, was installed in 1955 and was the first of a number of legendary Guinness adverts to have moving parts. As well as a clock face it featured a zoo keeper with 2 juggling sea lions. The clock face was replaced in 1959.
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London