Refreshments at Victoria Station, 1950
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
A mobile refreshment stall at Victoria Station in 1950. The stall is positioned outside platforms 7 and 8. The station is named Victoria after the nearby Victoria Street and is the second busiest railway terminus in London. It was originally two separate stations next to one another but the wall between the two was knocked down in 1928. The separation still exists to some extent with trains to Medway and Kent from platforms 1 -8 and trains to the South Coast from Platforms 9 – 15.
1950 AD - 1950 AD