St Mary Le Strand Church; c.1955
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
St Mary Le Strand Church, Fleet Street. The parish is one of the oldest in London and the church stands on the principal road linking the City of London to the West. The Church was built after an Act of Parliament in 1711 allowed for the building of 50 new churches in London. The building was designed by James Gibb and was officially consecrated on 1st January 1723.
1955 AD - 1955 AD