The Milwall Docks in East London; 1953
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
The Milwall Docks in East London, were established in 1864. The Dock was an L shape and included a dry dock which was the first of its kind. In 1909 the dock was linked to the West India Docks by the Port of London in an attempt to make the Docks more financially viable. The dock was mainly used for timber and grain. The docks were closed in the early 1980s.
1953 AD - 1953 AD