St. Mary's Mary-le-bone and Paddington Hospital; 1851
© Museum of London
Full image caption
St Mary's Mary-le-bone and Paddington Hospital as seen from the North-East in Cambridge Place. The hospital was proposed in 1842, the foundation stone laid by Prince Albert in 1845, and the first ward opened in 1851. The origial title was to be Marylebone and Paddington Hospital, but the name St Mary's was adopted at an early stage from the nearby church.
1851 AD - 1851 AD