East India Docks improvements: 1912
© Museum of London
Full image caption
East India Docks new boundary wall and street widening works looking east towards Canning Town and Orchard House. Photograph taken from a window in the original 1806 gatehouse. The original dock wall has almost been demolished whilst the new lower red brick wall with capped piers was built before the old wall came down. Nearest to the camera is the North Quay of the Import Dock with the old sheds awaiting demolition. In the distance are some ships of the Union Castle Line and the twin towers of the offices of the Thames Iron Works and ship building company on the Essex shore of Bow Creek. Date 20/08/1912.
1912 AD - 1912 AD