Full image caption
This print shows three Greenwich pensioners in their blue and gold uniforms. Two are missing one leg and the other walks with the aid of a stick. The print is entitled 'Greenwich Pensioners with a View of the Hospital which was founded in 1694, by King William and Queen Mary, for the use of disabled seamen and the Widows and Children of such as were slain at sea'. In this way the King provided a facility to care for disabled sailors in the same way that the Chelsea Hospital helped disabled soldiers.
© Museum of London