Full image caption
Battersea Power Station, the 'temple of power', had doubled in size by 1955. After this photo was taken, Station B was completed to mirror the existing station, adding a fourth and final chimney to the building. The third largest power station in the United Kingdom, the station supplied almost one fifth of London's electricity needs.
1950 AD - 1959 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London