Full image caption
Illustration of St Katharine's Docks from 'London: a Pilgrimage by Blanchard Jerrold and Gustave Doré, 1872. Construction of St Katherine's Docks began in 1827 and the docks opened the following year. There were six main warehouses which handled valuable goods such as ivory, marble, sugar, spice and perfumes. A section of one of the larger warehouses handled indigo, which is illustrated here.
© Museum of London