Full image caption
The Court Room, New River Company, 1886. This photograph was commissioned by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London to form part of a permanent visual record of historic buildings threatened with alteration or possible demolition in the 1870s and 80s. The headquarters of the New River Company were located at River Head in Clerkenwell and the Court Room was built in the 1690s. When the site was taken over by the Metropolitan Water Board in 1903 and subsequently rebuilt the Court Room was saved and incorporated into the company's new offices on Roseberry Avenue. These offices became private residences in the early 1990s.
© Museum of London