Full image caption
Clifford's Inn, 1885. This photograph was commissioned by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London to form part of a permanent visual record of historic buildings threatened with alteration or possible demolition in the 1870s and 80s. Clifford's Inn was one of the Inns of Chancery, the dedicated association for solicitors, until their dissolution in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Clifford's Inn was the first Inn of Chancery, founded in 1344, and the last to be demolished, in 1934.
© Museum of London