Full image caption
Inner Temple, Gate House, 1885. This photograph was commissioned by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London to form part of a permanent visual record of historic buildings threatened with alteration or possible demolition in the 1870s and 80s. The Inner Temple is one of the four Inns of Court which are the professional bodies for barristers and judges in England and Wales. The Gate House on Fleet Street was rebuilt in the mid-18th century.
© Museum of London