Full image caption
The New stock exchange. The first building of the Stock exchange was built in 1773. It gave place to a "more commodious building, suited for the still increasing state of the national funded property." This new Stock Exchange was "provided at the upper end of Capel-court, Batholomew- lane, opposite to the east-end of the bank." The new building is described as "being a plain building, with a stone front" with the exception of the attic "which is of brick". This engraving was published on page 101 of the book 'Microcosm of London', vol. III, it depicts the interior of the Stock exchange where groups of brokers gathered together to discuss business, at a time when London's merchants were very prosperous.
© Museum of London