Stained Glass Window in Michelin House; 2009

Mike Seaborne

 
Stained Glass Window in Michelin House; 2009
4 0 c m
 
30cm
actual image size: 21cm x 32cm

Full image caption

Close up of one of the stained glass window in Michelin House.
Michelin House was constructed as the first permanent UK headquarters and tyre depot for the Michelin Tyre Company Ltd. The building opened for business on 20 January 1911. Designed by one of Michelin’s employees François Espinasse, the original building features 3 large stained glass windows. Michelin moved out of the building in 1985, and it was purchased by the late publisher Paul Hamlyn and restaurateur/retailer Sir Terence Conran. The pair had shared a love for the building for many years and embarked on a major redevelopment, which included the restoring of some the buildings original features. The new development featured offices for Paul Hamlyn’s publishing company and a shop and restaurant for Sir Terence Conran’s retailing and restaurant group. In August 1987, Michelin House re-opened as a restaurant and bar: Bibendum Restaurant & Oyster Bar, offices for Octopus Publishing and The Conran Shop.

Image Details

Artist/Photographer/Maker
 
Date
 
2009 AD - 2009 AD
Image Number
 
008042

© Museum of London

buy a print

Select print type
 
Select size
 
How many prints?
 
£25.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas