Full image caption
St Mary's Church has been in Hornsey since 1300. The Tower was completed around 1500 and then heightened in 1832 when the medieval church was rebuilt. In 1927 the church was taken down but the tower, fortunately, was left intact. The tower and the graveyard are now the only surviving parts of the ancient church.
© Museum of London