Petts Wood; 2009
3 0 c m
actual image size: 32cm x 21cm

Petts Wood; 2009

John Chase

© Museum of London

Full image caption

Petts Wood.
The name appeared first in 1577 as "the wood of the Pett family", who were shipbuilders and leased the wood as a source of timbers.
The wood is managed by the National Trust. Originally just 88 acres were bought by public subscription and donated to the Trust in 1927. This was expanded when the neighbouring Hawkwood Estate and Edlmann Wood, comprising a further 250 acres were donated to the Trust by landowners Robert and Francesca Hall in 1957.




2009 AD - 2009 AD

Image Number


buy a print

Select print type
Select size
How many prints?

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas