Full image caption
The largest training ship afloat, the H.M.S. Worcester, alongside the Cutty Sark. Photographed as part of a series documenting the school boys training to be Merchant Navy Cadets, during a session where they boarded the Cutty Sark, which was then acquired by the college and berthed alongside. The Worcester was the third training ship used by the Thames Nautical Training College, which was established in 1862. It was specially built as a school ship in 1904 by Vickers-Armstrong Ltd, Barrow-in-Furness, for the London County Council. In 1954 the Cutty Sark was docked permanently in Greenwich.
1953 AD - 1953 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London