Ladywell Cemetry; 2009
4 0 c m
actual image size: 21cm x 32cm

Ladywell Cemetry; 2009

John Chase

© Museum of London

Full image caption

Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries were opened within one month of each other in 1858 and are sited on adjacent plots of previously open land.
Until 1948, the two cemeteries were completely separate, being divided by a wall. Ladywell Cemetery, which was previously known as Lewisham Cemetery, stands to the east of the wall and Brockley Cemetery, formerly Deptford Cemetery, lies to the west. Both cemeteries hold a wealth of historical interest. Evidence of Deptford's seafaring past can be found in the many inscriptions and adornments on the headstones.





2009 AD - 2009 AD

Image Number


buy a print

Select print type
Select size
How many prints?

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas