Trinity Hospital Alms Houses; 2009
© Museum of London
Full image caption
The Trinity Hospital is an almshouse founded in 1613 by Henry Howard, Earl of Northampton, and is nowadays run by the Mercers Company. The Hospital was rebuilt in 1812 in its present Gothic style. It looks rather incongruous in its location on the Riverside Walk, sandwiched between a scrap yard and the power station. A board by the entrance states "Since 1617 it has provided a home for 21 retired gentlemen of Greenwich".
2009 AD - 2090 AD