Full image caption
St Alban's was a church in Wood Street, City of London. It was dedicated to Saint Alban. Only its tower now remains. The church was completely destroyed in the Great Fire of London. Sir Christopher Wren then rebuilt it in 1685 in the Gothic style. The building was however burnt out and partially destroyed in 1940 during the Blitz, leaving only the tower.
© Museum of London