The House at Chelsea: 18th century
© Museum of London
Full image caption
Bird's-eye view of Beaufort House, Chelsea, Coloured engraving. The surrounding gardens and orchards are depicted in a very detailed way. Beaufort House was built in 1521 and was Sir Thomas More's residence. Owned by the Dukes of Beaufort between 1682-1738, it was demolished in 1740 and Beaufort Street built on the site in 1766.
1716 AD - 1725 AD