Marlborough House in St James's Park: 1754
© Museum of London
Full image caption
An exterior view of the classical frontage of Marlbrough House, with promenading male and female figures in the foreground. Built by Christopher Wren the Younger in 1709-11, for the 1st Duchess of Marlborough. The house was built of red Dutch bricks, brought to England as ballast in the troop transports that had carried soldiers for the Duke's army in Holland. Marlborough House is now used by the British government as a Commonwealth Centre.
1754 AD - 1754 AD