Illustration of blue jacket: late 19th - early 20th century
© Museum of London
Full image caption
Illustration of blue jacket and pencil sketch of its reverse view. Designed by Messrs. Lewis and Allenby Ltd. Regent St., London. Lewis & Allenby were the most famous London silk-mercers, supplying silks to Queen Victoria and other members of the royal family. They established themselves on the west side of Regent Street in the 1820s and were later extended to Conduit St. in the 1830s. They also took over the branches Leamington & Brighton, which were absorbed by Dickens & Jones in the early 20th century.
1891 AD - 1910 AD