Full image caption
The Conservative Club and St. James's Palace. A street scene showing St James's Street with a cavalry detachment and passing carriage traffic. Viewed from the north end of the street, the exterior of the Conservative Club is in the foreground with St James's Palace in the distance. The club was built at 74 St James's Street between 1843-45 and was designed by George Basevi and Sydney Smirke.
© Museum of London