Full image caption
Grey wash drawing of Clifford's Inn Hall, east from Chancery Lane, Fleet Street. It so called from having been the city residence of the family of the Clifford's. It was bequeathed in 1345 by Isabel, widow of Robert de Clifford, to certain students of the law, since which time it has continued to be inhabited by gentlemen of that profession.
© Museum of London