The Long Room Custom House: 1808
© Museum of London
Full image caption
Interior view of the Long Room in the Custom House, Lower Thames Street EC4. The house was rebuilt in 1717-25 by Thomas Ripley on the foundations of an earlier house by Wren. It was destroyed by fire 1814. The Long Room was where customs men received offical documents.
1808 AD - 1808 AD