Pianoforte manufactory: 19th century
© Museum of London
Full image caption
In the late 1830s, D'Almaine's was a well-established music publisher and wholesale and retail music seller with premises at 20 Soho Square. D'Almaine & Co., formerly Goulding & D'Almaine, also had an extensive business making pianofortes and other musical instruments, including flutes and clarinets. This watercolour shows their pianoforte factory in Chilton Street, just off Bethnal Green Road.
1834 AD - 1836 AD