Full image caption
Beauchamp Tower. Watercolour. As part of Henry III expansion of the castle perimeter a land gate was build on the site of the Beauchamp Tower. Originally only two storeys high, the tower provided suitable accommodation for aristocratic prisoners and their servants. One such prisoner was Thomas de Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick who was imprisoned there in 1397 for treason against Richard II. The tower is named after him.
© Museum of London