Full image caption
Cargo ship Baltabor at Hay's Wharf. George Davison Reid photographed this riverside scene, looking out towards Brewer's Quay and the Tower, from alongside the stern of the cargo ship Baltabor. The United Baltic Corporation had bought the Baltabor in 1920. It carried dairy produce to the Hay's Wharf warehouses, known as 'London's Larder' because of the foodstuffs it handled. In December 1927 the Baltabor became stranded in the Nargen Islands on the Estonian Coast, and was lost.
© Museum of London