Full image caption
Ludgate Hill from Circus- railway bridge. George Davison Reid recorded this scene around the prominent landmark of St Paul's Cathedral, from Ludgate Hill. The iron railway bridge took passing trains through to Blackfriars and Holborn. Ludgate Hill station and its approach on New Bridge Street closed to the public in 1929, travellers preferring to use alternative nearby stations.
© Museum of London