Full image caption
Outside Blackfriars Station. George Davison Reid took this photo of Blackfriars station entrance from outside 179 Queen Victoria Street. Above the station were the premises of Oppenheimer Son and Co Limited, which manufactured pharmaceutical specialities. The Times newspaper was also based here in Queen Victoria Street. A decade or so after Reid photographed this exterior, the station was bombed in the Blitz of 1940 and largely destroyed. The offices of The Times newspaper were also hit.
© Museum of London