Full image caption
East India House. A coloured aquatint showing the exterior of East India House in Leadenhall Street. By JC Stadler after Thomas Shepherd; published by Rudolph Ackermann in 1817. The East India Company ruled British India from this building until 1858, with little interference from the Government. East India House was designed by Richard Jupp, and was demolished in 1929 to make way for the offices of the Royal Mail Steamship Lines.
© Museum of London