The Riverside at Limehouse: 19th century
© Museum of London
Full image caption
The Riverside at Limehouse. Oil on canvas. View from Duke Shore showing the premises of George and William Lamb, of 92 Narrow Street, Charles John Hartnoll, barge building, at number 94, and, on the extreme right, the Two Brewers. Towards the centre of the painting is the Harbour Master's office, with flags, the headquarters of the Thames police and the Bunch of Grapes. A large barge builder's yard is prominent among wooden buildings characteristic of Limehouse riverside seen on the right two barges are moored, in the centre. On the left a tug is towing out a schooner.
1889 AD - 1891 AD