Lead alloy pilgrim badge: 14th century
© Museum of London
Full image caption
Lead alloy pilgrim badge. This badge, from Walsingham, depicts the annunciation, the Virgin and the Angel Gabriel are beneath a canopy with a dove and vase of lilies. Two scrolls are worded 'ECCE ANGL' and 'AVE MARIA' in Lombardic capitals. The badge was found near Tower bridge in the early 1890s; part of the mould for this badge was recently excavated in Norwich.
1366 AD - 1400 AD