St John's Gate, Clerkenwell: c.1880
4 0 c m
 
30cm
actual image size: 22cm x 29cm

St John's Gate, Clerkenwell: c.1880

Henry Dixon

© Museum of London

Full image caption

St John’s Gate was built of Kentish ragstone in 1504 and was once the entrance to the English Priory the Knights Hospitaller. It was restored in 1845-46 and now houses the Museum of the Order of St. John.
In the 1870s and 1880s, photographers such as Henry Dixon were commissioned by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London to record historic buildings that were being threatened with demolition.
 

Artist/Photographer/Maker

 

Date

1880 AD - 1886 AD
 

Image Number

004296
 

buy a print

Select print type
 
Select size
 
How many prints?
 
£25.00
 

buy a framed print

buy a canvas

buy a framed canvas