St. Bartholomew the Great: c.1880
© Museum of London
Full image caption
This photographic image shows the Green Churchyard of St. Bartholomew the Great in West Smithfield. The churchyard was on the site of the old south transept, which was demolished in 1891. Photographers Alfred Henry Bool, John Bool, Henry Dixon and William Strudwick were commissioned by the Society for Photographing Relics of Old London to record historic buildings that were being threatened with demolition.
1875 AD - 1889 AD