Diners at the Royal Festival Hall: 1968
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
Diners at the Royal Festival Hall. The Royal Festival Hall, which opened for the Festival of Britain in 1951, had expansive catering facilities for the visiting public. Between 1965 and 1968, the site developed further to include a new main entrance, box office, The Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and The Hayward Gallery. The gallery opened on 9 July 1968 with an exhibition of paintings by Henri Matisse.
1968 AD - 1968 AD