Full image caption
Service at the Faith Tabernacle Church of God. A congregation gathers for hymns and prayers in The Faith Tabernacle Church of God on Ritson Road, Hackney. The church was formerly the Hamburg Lutheran Church, the chapel for the nearby German Hospital. In 1939, Reverend Schonberger fled to Nazi Germany and the church closed. In 1982, the new Pentecostal Congregation bought the church for its mainly Afro-Caribbean worshippers.
1978 AD - 1978 AD
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London