The underwriting room at Lloyds: 1971
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
The underwriting room at Lloyds. The underwriting room is at the heart of operations for Lloyds. Lloyds handled its ship and cargo insurance businesses in this building in Lime Street from 1958 to 1986. The Lutine Bell, visible on the left, has been hung in each of the Lloyds buildings since 1890s. It was rung every time a ship was overdue. Lloyds relocated in 1986 to new premises designed by architect Richard Rogers.
1971 AD - 1971 AD