Full image caption
Photograph of White City under construction. The construction of White City began on 3 January 1907 and was completed in May 1908. During this period, 140 acres of barren fields at Shepherd's Bush were transformed into a city of 20 white palaces and 120 exhibition buildings built of steel and concrete. The construction cost ?2 million and employed a workforce of 120,000.
© Museum of London