Full image caption
Three-wheeled dairyman's handcart: c.1900, used in Fleet St district. Jones Dairy used this handcart to deliver milk to domestic and business customers around Fleet Street. The cart still includes a number of measures: 1 pint, 1.5 pints and 1 gill which was ? pint and two hot-milk containers. Jones Dairy, which had eight dairy cows, was built in 1902, and was one of the first Welsh dairy shops in London. The business closed in 1939.
© Museum of London