Full image caption
Marshall and Snelgrove store lift panel. The lifts in the department store Marshall and Snelgrove were installed in the 1930s. This back panel was removed from one of the original lifts in 1974 during refurbishment and the installation of escalators. Attached to top of the panel is a small plaque embossed '15 persons'. Marshall and Snelgrove opened on Oxford Street 1837. Throughout the 19th century it was one of London's leading department stores.
© Museum of London