Students at the Royal Ballet School; c. 1962
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
Dancers in the new training studios at the Royal Ballet School. The school was founded in 1926 by Dame Ninette de Valois as the Academy of Choreographic Art. In 1939 the school was re-named The Sadler's Wells Ballet School after it moved to the Sadlers Wells Theatre. In 1946 the company moved to the Royal Opera House and the School to Barons Court. In 1956 the school was awarded a Royal Charter and became the Royal Ballet School.
1962 AD - 1962 AD