Marshall and Snellgrove Store, Oxford Street; c. 1960
© Henry Grant Collection/Museum of London
Full image caption
Traffic and people outside the former 'Marshall and Snellgrove' department store on Oxford Street. The store was located on the corner of Vere Street and Oxford Street. The building was designed by Sir Horace Jones in 1870. The company struggled during the First World War and in 1919 merged with Debenhams but the Oxford Street store was not redesigned until 1973 so the original name remained on the outside of the store.
1960 AD - 1960 AD